Chicken Stuffing Casserole
"As a busy mom of two small children, I try to find quick satisfying meals that my family will enjoy," says Susan VanHorn of Greensboro, North Carolina. "This hearty chicken bake is simple and delicious."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the stuffing and butter; spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, potatoes and carrots; spread evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 455 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffing Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2005
Jul 22, 2013
This was really good served with biscuits and broccoli on the side.
Oct 30, 2009
My husband really really liked this recipe. He said that it reminded him of a good pot pie.