- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside.
- In the drippings, cook the chicken, onion and mushrooms until the chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, salt, paprika, pepper and bacon. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and sour cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Stroganoff
"I enjoy trying out new recipes. My family told me this is a "keeper!!" I always use fresh ingredients to add flavor- mushrooms. Serving a large hungry family, I doubled the chicken breasts, added 2 celery stalks chopped, 1 pkg cream cheese, 2 tsp Hungarian paprika. They raved about it : )"
"Made this for my hubby and he loved it"
"I have been making this since 2009 and it is excellent. Today I added German deli homemade bratwurst and it added another good flavor to the dish. Everyone loved it!"
"I made this for the first time, tonight. The flavor is superb. I only used I bottle of mushrooms as I thought that would be plenty. Because I am not a fan of mushrooms, next time I will add some celery in place of the mushrooms. Thank you for making this recipe available as it quenched my craving for stroganoff."
"I added green peas and liquid smoke instead of bacon. It was delicious!!!!"
"This is not the same old, same old chicken dish! SOOO rich and flavorful---hubby and kids clean the platter. What ISN'T good with some bacon in it?! And I usually add a couple of extra strips in there.I DO use fresh mushrooms, however, since the canned kind seem a bit rubbery--I almost never buy canned mushrooms anymore for that reason. But that's a personal thing."
"I made this but without the bacon. Was really nice. I like it with mashed potatoes as oppose to noodles."
"It was fast and easy. I added fresh mushrooms and it was delicious."
"This was fantastic. I think the bacon played a big role in the flavor so I would suggested not omitting it. And for those of you who count calories, according to my estimates 1 serving is about 503 calories. That includes 1 1/2 cups of cooked egg noodles."
"So flavorful and yummy. Very easy to make. Everyone loved it! The bacon makes it extra special. This is a new favorite in our house, I will definitely be making this again!"