- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional whole strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in oil and butter until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup salad dressing; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place the salad greens in a serving bowl. Top with chicken, sliced strawberries and walnuts. Garnish with whole strawberries if desired. Serving with remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Strawberry Salad
"Wonderful salad! Has a sweet and tangy flavor with the honey and vinegar dressing:)"
"This recipe is so wonderful! I made it for a family lunch, everyone loved it! I didn't have the walnuts, so I used pecans, but I will try it with walnuts soon."