- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a slow cooker, combine gravy mix, water, wine or broth, garlic, parsley, bouillon and pepper until blended. Add the carrots, onion and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Increase heat to high. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Place biscuits in soup bowls; top with stew. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Stew over Biscuits
"This is one of our favorite meals. Whenever I prepare this for our guests, I always get rave reviews!"
"I have made this recipe many times. I always add extra carrots, onions, and spices. I am not a fan of canned biscuits, so I buy a dozen Bojangle biscuits. My family loves it."
"This is one of my families favorite recipes. It is so delicious and super super easy!"
"Love this recipe! I used chicken broth instead of the white wine - tasted much better!"
"I have made this stew and it's very delicious. The only thing different was I made "Mile High Biscuits" (from scratch). Yummy!!**Sincerely**"