Chicken Spiral Salad
"My family loves this zesty salad, and they eat it so fast that it barely has time to chill in the fridge," comments Cynthia Griffith from Danville, Virginia. Tip: Cynthia suggests serving this savory main dish over a bed of fresh torn greens.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chicken and tomato. Add pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Jul 31, 2013
I used leftover cooked chicken and homemade Italian dressing.....plus chopped fresh basil. It's a keeper!
Jul 12, 2011
This is really good. I used Ken's Steakhouse Italian Dressing with Romano and I also added quite a bit of pepper.