Chicken & Spinach Lasagnas
Homemade noodles and the ease of rotisserie chicken make this yummy lasagna with spinach and fontina a real crowd pleaser. —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + standing Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface or in a large bowl, mix all-purpose and semolina flours; form into a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (dough will be soft and slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six filling ingredients; stir in 1-1/2 cups fontina cheese. Grease six individual 12-oz. au gratin dishes; place on baking sheets. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with salted water; bring to a boil. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 20x4-in. rectangle, dusting dough with additional flour as needed.
- Add one noodle to boiling water; cook 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Place one-fifth of the noodle in bottom of a prepared dish; top with a scant 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Fold noodle back to cover filling; repeat three times, topping and folding the noodle each time. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Sprinkle lasagnas with remaining fontina cheese. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional thyme.
Nutrition Facts1 individual lasagna: 511 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.