Chicken Spaghetti with Bacon
My family prefers this creamy chicken spaghetti to the more traditional tomato-based variety. The smoky flavor of bacon adds interest.—Dave Portman, Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the soup, mushrooms, spaghetti, chicken and cheese; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 347 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Spaghetti in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.