- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil about 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm;
- In the same skillet; saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to the pan and heat through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Spaghetti Supper
"I'm new to cooking and this was a simple but tasty recipe. I didn't have any Italian Seasoning, but substituted with Season All, it's absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you!"
"light and tasty. I've been making this recipe for years and it always gets raves from the family"