- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Remove and keep warm; drain drippings. Add remaining oil to skillet; saute green pepper, onion and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings; bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pan and heat through. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Spaghetti Supper
"light and tasty. I've been making this recipe for years and it always gets raves from the family"