Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 breaded fully cooked chicken patties
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; add 2 cups spaghetti sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese mixture.
- 3. Arrange chicken patties over the top; drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 719 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1998mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
"I made this for supper tonight. It was pretty good and went together very easily. I used half of a 16 oz box of spaghetti and there's no way these are 1 cup servings. I would recommend throwing another chicken patty or two on top, because friends, these are some heaping helpings. I would say that 6 is a more likely estimate-- if you're feeding people with smaller appetites you might be able to squeeze 7 or 8 out of this dish."
"Really good! I was missing Italian seasoning so mine wasn't as flavorful as it could have been. I'd suggest jazzing it up with some more spices like garlic, etc .... Also, I didn't have any breaded fully cooked chicken patties so I just used chicken breasts that were already cooked. Turned out pretty good!"