- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 breaded fully cooked chicken patties (10 to 14 ounces)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Drain spaghetti; add 2 cups spaghetti sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese mixture. Arrange chicken patties over the top; drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Spaghetti Casserole
"I made this for supper tonight. It was pretty good and went together very easily. I used half of a 16 oz box of spaghetti and there's no way these are 1 cup servings. I would recommend throwing another chicken patty or two on top, because friends, these are some heaping helpings. I would say that 6 is a more likely estimate-- if you're feeding people with smaller appetites you might be able to squeeze 7 or 8 out of this dish."
"Really good! I was missing Italian seasoning so mine wasn't as flavorful as it could have been. I'd suggest jazzing it up with some more spices like garlic, etc .... Also, I didn't have any breaded fully cooked chicken patties so I just used chicken breasts that were already cooked. Turned out pretty good!"