- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place chicken, water, salt and pepper in a large stockpot. Cover and slowly bring to a boil; skim foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Add vegetables to broth; cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones and skin. Cut chicken into chunks; return to broth.
- Meanwhile, for noodles, mix flour and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat together the egg, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edge; pat down. Moisten edges with water. Roll up jelly-roll style from long end; cut into 1/2-in slices. Add noodles to gently boiling soup and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forChicken Soup with Stuffed Noodles
"This was a great recipe. The stuffed noodles were like dumplings. Will make again."
"This soup was really good, but I modified the recipe a little to make it easier and flavor the broth a little better. I added all the vegetables right away. I also added fresh chopped parsley to the broth before the noodles because it seemed too bland. It still turned out really good. The noodles ended up tasting a little like dumplings. My 2 year old even loved it!"
"I've only made this wonderful soup twice, perhaps because it's a bit of work. But my! the payoff is worth it. My family members still talk about the stuffed noodles and often drop hints about me making the recipe again. I'm sure I will!"