Chicken Skewers with Sweet & Spicy Marmalade
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup sauce)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; cut lengthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in marmalade, lime juice, orange juice concentrate and salt.
- Preheat broiler. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken strips, weaving back and forth, onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 6 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer with 2 tablespoons sauce: 180 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2017
This was okay. The orange marmalade flavor over powered things for me. I may try this recipe again but try to change a few things for my taste.
Feb 24, 2017
For Meariza, you do not preheat broiler for 4 hours! The directions should have stated that after you marinate the chicken for 4 hours, then you would preheat the broiler.
Feb 23, 2017
Recipe is good, but preheating the broiler for a minimum of 4 hours seems excessive. I am worried about my electrical bill after leaving it on all night.
Jan 5, 2014
Delicious. Made as written.
Feb 3, 2013
Very good! I don't like jalapenos, so I added a little shake of red pepper flakes. Chicken was very juicy. Will be making again. Thanks!
Jan 27, 2013
Easy to make and so delicious!
Jul 23, 2011
I made this for a backyard b-b-q....it was so easy and the end results were amazing...not one was left behind ...followed the exact directions, made no changes
Apr 13, 2011
Loved this recipe! I have never broiled chicken in the oven like this and was a little hesitant, but it turned out great! Loved the sauce too! Next time I will leave a little of the insides of the jalapenos for more kick! It wasn't spicy at all. Will defintely make again...can't wait to serve it to company!