Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter and oil until garlic is tender. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir the tomato, lemon juice and parsley into skillet; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Top with chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 639 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Scampi
"The mix of flavors is good, though they are pretty mild. The recipe is fairly easy"
"This is tasty, but there is something missing...some zing."
"I am a late bloomer when it comes to cooking so I don't deviate to much from recipes. I didn't have chicken so I just used veggies. No fresh tomatoes so used 1/3 can of diced. I added artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. I was mainly using recipe for the sauce. I am my biggest critic and I really enjoyed it. Hubby and 3yr old grandson chowed. Didn't even have left overs. I will def make this again. ~Thank you for sharing!"