- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Sausages with Peppers
"Loved the simplicity of this dish! Prep was easy and cooking time was short. I loved the flavors and thought the chicken sausage (I used Johnsonville brand) had just a hint of sweet that balanced out the flavor of the peppers. My husband thought the sausage tasted a little too "hot dog-like" for his taste (even though he had seconds- wink!) but I appreciated the finer grind of the chicken sausage and the reduced sodium. I served it with Cheese Smashed Potatoes found on the ToH website (as earlier reviewers did) and the combo really worked. I added a Caesar side salad and our meal was complete. As one reviewer suggested, I may try sauteing some sliced apple along with the peppers and onion next time just to see how that works. This is a keeper recipe!"
"easy, nutritious, and delicious."
"I doubled the sausage and may add some sautéed apples next time."
"I made this for my family with the cheese smashed potatoes. (as on the page of HC mag.) It was so simple to make, a little bit of prep, but it is worth it. This is a keeper, thanks HC I love this mag. Thankful that I am a subscriber!"
"We thought this was excellent. I served it with Cheese Smashed Potatoes (as seen in the photo and on the same page with this recipe in healthy Cooking magazine) and we thought it was absolutely wonderful. It would be great with rice rather than potatoes, too. Highly recommended!"