Chicken Sausage Saute Recipe
A good friend gave me this recipe years ago. Since then, I've made it for weekday dinners, special occasions and potlucks. It always disappears quickly.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Canola oil, optional
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in oil if desired for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the chicken, peppers and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the beans, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 301 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Saute
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC