A good friend gave me this recipe years ago. Since then, I've made it for weekday dinners, special occasions and potlucks. It always disappears quickly.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Canola oil, optional
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in oil if desired for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the chicken, peppers and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the beans, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Sausage Saute in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p43