Chicken Sausage & Potato Hash
This hash is total comfort food, whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We like it with fried or poached eggs on top. —Mary Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked sun-dried tomato chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, sweet onion and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning potatoes every 2 minutes. Stir in red pepper and sausage; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to desired doneness. Remove from heat; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Serve over hash.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 446 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.