- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 ounces herbed fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add asparagus and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add goat cheese, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in gnocchi; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Sausage & Gnocchi Skillet
"This was SO yummy! I loved the fresh crunch of the asparagus paired with the sausage and gnocchi. I used a feta & spinach chicken sausage and I think that actually added to the flavor. I was afraid at first that the 2 tsp of dried basil would be too much but it turned out well! I used the white wine and served more of the already-open bottle with the meal. I also omitted the mushrooms (personal choice). Unfortunately the gnocchi I picked up wasn't of the highest quality, so it brought down the taste a bit. Despite that, it was still so delicious. With a better quality gnocchi, this is going to be amazing. Loved it, I'm definitely going to make this one again."
"Delicious! So good it doesn't even NEED the chicken sausage. Would be a delicious meatless meal without it."
"Loved it! I was kind of wary of goat cheese (I don't know that I'd ever had it), but it ends up making the sauce super creamy and delicious! This is going into my regular rotation of dinner meals."
"One of the best meals I have ever made!!"
"I made this the other day and it was absolutely amazing! I added one additional sausage two more garlic cloves (because we love it) and probably 5 oz of the basil goat cheese and a touch more wine just to have more sauce. My boyfriend said it's the best thing I've EVER made. (And I cook for him a lot!) so that's really saying something. Can't wait to make again. Maybe add some crispy bacon on top? Thanks for this great recipe!"
"Very good! I will definitely make this again. I love when an entire meal takes only 1/2 hour to make."
"I used sweet turkey sausage instead and garlic and herb goat cheese, amazing flavors. Great recipe."