Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, cheese and, if desired, almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated with almonds): 275 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
"So easy to put together! We added extras in the form of pre-cooked bacon pieces and sliced cherry tomatoes. We put the almonds on the side for those who wanted them. Great summertime recipe!"
"I liked the other ingredients but found the dressing too strong. Would make again but with a different dressing."
"Yummy! and So simple! I substituted walnuts for the almonds and added some tart apple and served it in a tortilla bowl."