Chicken Salad with Crispy Wontons Recipe
Here's a quick easy meal. My mom made it when I was growing up, but I added veggies and lightened the sweet-and-sour dressing. I also bake the crispy wontons instead of frying them. —Kylea Rorabaugh of Kansas City, Missouri
- 10 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1. Lightly spritz both sides of wonton strips with cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn strips over; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, canola oil, sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, peppers and tomatoes. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Top with wonton strips. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 149 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Salad with Crispy Wontons
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC