Chicken Salad Supreme
Now that my husband and I are retired, we lived in Florida for most of the winter. I often prepare this creamy, fruity chicken salad for a wonderful warm-weather lunch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups small seedless green grapes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, oil, orange juice, vinegar and salt. Fold in the rice, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, pineapple and oranges. Cover and chill until ready to serve; stir in almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 485 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Supreme in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.