- CREAM PUFFS:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by six rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and olives. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into chicken mixture. Fill puffs just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Salad Puffs
"This rating is for the chicken salad only - I made the salad and put it on some toast for a quick lunch. I thought it had a nice taste, but definitely needed some tomatoes or lettuce. I also found myself putting some extra mayo and a little Dijon mustard on the toast to keep it from getting too dry. Overall, I'd make this again, but with some minor tweaks."
"I originally found this recipe in my first copy of Taste of Home magazine that I received in 1994. I have been using it ever since. When my children were small, I had to speed up meal prep, so I did substitute croissants for the puffs, but the puffs are delicious. I have always made 4X the recipe because they always disappeared so fast!"