Sometimes it just takes a little creative spin to get the kids to gobble up an otherwise grown-up dish. Add the word “pizza” to this pretty, piled-high salad, and you won’t have to worry about leftovers. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 whole pita breads, warmed
- 1-2/3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook chicken, peppers, onion, salt and remaining garlic powder in oil in a large skillet over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Spread cream cheese mixture over pita breads; top with arugula, chicken mixture and oranges. Sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Pizzas in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Salad Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review