Chicken Salad Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Prick the bottom and sides of pastry shell several times with a fork. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir in the chicken, pineapple, 1 cup walnuts and celery. Pour into cooled crust. Top with remaining cheese and walnuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 511 calories, 40g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Sep 22, 2011
I had something similar at a ladies luncheon that was delicious. I've been wanting this recipe ever since then because the hotel would not share their recipe! This recipe was similar and good. I will make some changes for my next time...might use miracle whip instead of mayo, add reg grapes or craisins for more color, maybe some curry powder, sharp cheddar cheese, and toasted pecans or almonds. Hopefully these changes will make it more like I ate at the hotel. I'll let you know how the changes turn out.
Jul 14, 2010
I give it 2 stars because I like the idea. I do not know if it was something I put in it, since I tweaked it a bit to use what I had, or it was the recipe itself... it smelled weird, but tasted okay. It was edible, but can't say I'll make it again. Although I do love the pineapple in it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.