Chicken Salad Party Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 16 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mix mayonnaise, curry powder and pepper; stir into chicken mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, stir in pecans. Spoon onto lettuce-lined rolls.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 235 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Nov 21, 2017
Simple and good. My mother-in-law isn't fond of curry but this wasn't over-powering and she liked it. I followed the recipe as is and will most likely use it again for a gathering.
Feb 4, 2015
Delish & so easy. I have changed up the fruit, or omitted the pickles, added chopped radish, corn, nectarine or apple; each variation was tasty and well-received. One hint for potlucks: Serve portions on a lettuce leaf with the rolls on the side, so people who prefer low-carb or who think they're gluten-intolerant don't have to fuss with unwanted bread -- just eat the chicken salad as a wrap! Thanks Trisha, for a new go-to recipe.
Jan 31, 2015
I have made these a few times and I just love them. You won't be disappointed.
Jan 28, 2015
This is very similar to my recipe, which is in my head. I'm glad to have one written down to go by. I always add mango chutney to taste, and sometimes leave out the celery and sweet pickles because of this.
Jan 28, 2015
Sounds good, but I would omit the curry and serve as a salad instead of on a bun.
Dec 15, 2012
Just the kind of recipe I was looking for for a do-ahead sandwich tray to serve after a concert. Will definitely try this.