Chicken Salad on Buns
This is my favorite sandwich to make for lunch. I serve it often to guests.—Mary Jo Vander West, Grant, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups diced leftover cooked chicken
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- Kaiser rolls
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each roll. Wrap each tightly in foil. Bake at 300° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad on Buns in Country Woman September/October 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.