Chicken Salad on a Tortilla Recipe
I started to fix fajitas for our supper one evening and ended up turning it into a salad instead. My husband was impressed with the concoction. Whenever I serve it for a quick lunch to unexpected company, they often request the recipe. -Shirley Banks, Westfield, Iowa
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 thin slices red onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until no longer pink. To assemble, place tortillas on serving plates. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomato, onion, carrot and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 595 calories, 36g fat (10g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Salad on a Tortilla
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC