Chicken Salad on a Tortilla
I started to fix fajitas for our supper one evening and ended up turning it into a salad instead. My husband was impressed with the concoction. Whenever I serve it for a quick lunch to unexpected company, they often request the recipe. -Shirley Banks, Westfield, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 4 to 6 thin slices red onion
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken until no longer pink. To assemble, place tortillas on serving plates. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomato, onion, carrot and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired.