Chicken Salad Mini Croissants
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 miniature croissants or rolls, split
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves, torn
- 16 frilled toothpicks, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon about 1/4 cup onto the bottom of each croissant; top with lettuce. Replace croissant tops. Insert toothpicks into sandwiches if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 13, 2011
This is an excellent recipe, with a few modifications. I found that with the addition of yogurt, the mixture became a bit too "soupy." To remedy this, I added equal amounts of chopped celery and onion, which helped "bind" the mixture (you can add maybe 1/2 cup of each). Also, I played with the amount of cider vinegar, as I thought it made it too acidic (more like 1 1.2 tsp). I added more grapes than what was called for, in addition to two chopped apples vice one. I also added more pepper and salt than the recipe called for, along with about 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning, as I felt the mixture was a bit flat on taste. A dash of cumin and hot sauce also helped, too. I left out the walnuts because it would not be served right away...soggy walnuts do not taste good after sitting in this mix for awhile.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.