Ruth Peterson from Jenison, Michigan uses up leftover chicken to create a creamy spread from open-faced sandwiches. "They're delicious, satisfying and inexpensive," she notes. "You can tuck the filling into buns instead, wrap them in foil and heat them in the oven for a few minutes."
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, onion and ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 sandwich rolls
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, green pepper, onion, olives and relish. Split rolls in half; place cut side up on a greased baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken salad on each roll half. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Melts in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p7
Reviews for Chicken Salad Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2013
"These were really good. My mother has made a similar recipe except with tuna for many years. That recipe has a slice of American cheese on top rather than the cubed Velveeta. I think I may try this like that next time."