Chicken Salad Melts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, onion and ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 sandwich rolls
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, cheese, green pepper, onion, olives and relish. Split rolls in half; place cut side up on a greased baking sheet. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken salad on each roll half. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 620 calories, 38g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 977mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 16, 2013
These were really good. My mother has made a similar recipe except with tuna for many years. That recipe has a slice of American cheese on top rather than the cubed Velveeta. I think I may try this like that next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.