Chicken Salad in Melon Rings
"This refreshing salad is sure to please everyone at your next luncheon," promises Kim Ozak of Winnipeg, Manitoba. "It's eye-catching and easy to prepare, requiring less time in the kitchen so you have more time to spend with your friends."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinaigrette or salad dressing of your choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 cantaloupe rings (1-1/2 inches thick), peeled
- In a bowl, toss the chicken and lemon juice. Add the celery, grapes, onion, dressing, almonds, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, arrange lettuce on salad plates; top each with a melon ring. Fill center with chicken salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 278 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Salad in Melon Rings in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.