- 9 cups diced cooked chicken
- 9 cups cooked mini shell macaroni
- 8 cups diced celery
- 8 cups seedless green grape halves
- 18 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cashew pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the first six dressing ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill at least 1 hour. Fold in cashews just before serving. Yield: 50 (1-cup) servings.
Reviews forChicken Salad for 50
"This is a good recipe. I added more chicken and just a little more salad dressing and used 7 eggs and 4 yolks. I had leftovers and on the next day the chicken salad tasted much better. For the next time, I am going to use red grapes and raisins. And will not add the green grapes and pineapples. Stay tune for the results."
"We made it for a graduation open house. Went really well! Tasted terrific - chunky, creamy and altogether delicious!"
"Trying using red grapes-a little more flavor, plus it adds color. We didn't use the eggs."
"I feel it nees more chicken in the recipe, otherwise I really liked the flavor combinations."