Chicken Salad Crossiants
Folks have come to expect these quick and delicious sandwiches when I host showers or parties. Feel free to add grapes or pineapple to the sandwich filling. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 miniature croissants, split
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery and almonds. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into mayonnaise mixture. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- If desired, line croissant bottoms with lettuce leaves; top each with 1/3 cup chicken salad. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 305 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Crossiants in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016