Chicken Salad Croissants with Fresh Dill
Fresh dill is the secret to the success of these cold sandwiches. I like to use miniature croissants when serving them as an appetizer.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups diced grilled chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 7 croissants or 21 miniature croissants, split
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spoon onto croissants; replace tops. If using large croissants, cut into thirds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Croissants in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.