Fresh basil (which is available in grocery stores year round) lends terrific flavor to these tasty chicken rolls. As the fantastic finishing touch, toss the pasta with purchased or homemade pesto just before serving. —Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon feta cheese and a garlic clove half down the center of each chicken breast half. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining oil until tender. Add broth; cook and stir until bubbly. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with pesto sauce. Discard toothpicks. Serve chicken with pasta and mushroom mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rolls with Pesto Pasta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p63
Reviews forChicken Rolls with Pesto Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2010
"I have been making this for years. It is one of my families favorites."