Chicken Rice Soup Mix
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes2-3 servings per batch
- 2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 2-2/3 cups).
- To prepare soup: Shake rice mix before measuring. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and 2/3 cup soup mix to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 1722mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 30, 2011
IS it just me or WHere is the chicken?
Feb 8, 2011
I did not put the boullion in the mix, instead I used 3 cups of chicken broth rather than the water.
Apr 13, 2010
This soup mix is great! If you like less salt, simply add less bouillon or use salt-free bouillon.
Nov 24, 2009
This soup has way too much salt; it overpowers everything else. It might be pretty good if the amount of bouillon was cut in half. It also takes a lot longer than 30 minutes to get the rice cooked.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.