Chicken & Rice Salad with Peanut Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- Prepare rice according to package directions; remove to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the peanut sauce, oil and water until blended; set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix, chicken and cilantro to the rice. Drizzle with peanut sauce mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 581 calories, 32g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 6, 2015
Expensive ingredients. Would rather make with fresh chicken and rice but since the flavor was only okay, I would say next time I will order take out because that will be better/cheaper.
Sep 17, 2012
Very good. I used broccoli slaw instead of coleslaw.
Jul 19, 2012
Very fast and delicious. It reminds me somewhat of the Thai Crunch salad from California Pizza Kitchen.