Chicken Rice Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter. Add broth, carrot, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until the rice and vegetable are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 618 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1865mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 1, 2011
OMG! Loved this! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I will be making this often. Comfort food at its best. I used Schwan's chicken breast meat for fajitas. I think it added even more flavor to the hot dish. I doubled the recipe and kept going back for more. This is a "must try" recipe. A definite keeper in my book, especially since I almost always have all these ingredients on hand!
Jun 4, 2011
I've made this so many times since it was first published. It's an all time favourite. now that there's two of us I simply increase the veggies, rice and stock and use left over rotisserie chicken when I have it.
Mar 29, 2011
This is one of our favorite meals. It's easy to adapt for potlucks.