- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch diagonal pieces)
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, asparagus, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet and 2 tablespoons butter. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and salt in remaining butter until juices run clear. Add the carrot, lemon juice and lemon peel if desired; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir into rice mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Rice Dish
"Delicious! The only change I made was to add the asparagus near the end of cooking so it would be more crisp."
"I have made this dish twice already, and I doubled it both times so I could have leftovers for the next night. It's a delicious way to work in asparagus so that it's more appealing to kids. It's very easy to make, and I love the colors in it...it is very visually appealing. The touch of lemon is a nice twist. We liked it very much and will definitely make it again!"