Chicken Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. casserole, combine chicken, vegetables, rice mix, onion and mushrooms. Combine water, soup, onion salt and thyme; mix well. Pour over the rice mixture; stir. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with potato chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 14, 2016
Yum! After reading the other reviews, I substituted 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 white wine for the water. (I also used a boxed mix of wild rice with the seasoning packet) The thyme was a wonderful accent to the chicken and wine flavors. Personally, I will leave out the mushrooms next time. This is pretty flexible as to what veggies you use. *Please note, (for those of you who make this after a long day, and/or you are tired) this calls for UNcooked rice mix.
Nov 1, 2011
Instead of using the Homemade Rice Mix, you can use one cup of rice and use chicken broth instead of water and add a few more seasoninings such as garlic and onion powder and a little dry thyme.
Oct 22, 2011
I agree on the onion salt review from past. I would use onion powder. I will also bake uncovered. After 60 minutes mine was still soupy. A good and easy recipe.
Aug 8, 2011
Please don't rate recipes that you have not tried. Some of us actually depend on those star ratings to decide if we want to make a recipe or not. Thanks from a lot of people who feel like I do.
Nov 16, 2010
Mixed the leftovers with chicken broth for a delicious chicken and rice soup the next day.
Oct 5, 2010
This casserole is so good. My kids even like it!
Sep 18, 2010
Haven't made this yet, but the Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix recipe is here - just type the name in the search box.
Jul 19, 2010
Sorry to sound dumb,but what exactly is (Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix???)
Feb 21, 2010
This has been a family favorite ever since it first ran 15 years ago! I lost my copy and came to look for it on line. My eight kids ask me to make this!
Oct 19, 2009
very tasty and easy