I love this recipe because its simplicity allows me to spend time with my family, while not sacrificing on health or flavor. Plus the fresh spring flavors really shine through! —Allyson Meyler, Greensboro, North Carolina
Recommended: 32 Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive or coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 10-12 minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat broiler. Toss chicken with 2 teaspoons oil, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place on one half of a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toss asparagus with the remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven; turn chicken over. Add asparagus. Broil until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and asparagus is tender, 3-5 minutes. Let chicken stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- For dressing, stir yogurt and mustard into balsamic reduction. To serve, spoon quinoa into bowls; top with chicken, asparagus, avocado and tomatoes. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Quinoa Bowls with Balsamic Dressing in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018
Reviews forChicken Quinoa Bowls with Balsamic Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2018
"Amazing flavor! Didn't change a thing. LOVED every bite! In the summer, the chicken and asparagus could easily be done on the grill. Thank you for sharing your recipe!"