- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Provolone
"Delicious combination of flavors. Made one small change: pounded the chicken breasts between plastic wrap until 1/2" before cooking for 3-4 mins each side. Then rolled the remainder of the ingredients up in the breasts, secured with toothpicks, baked until cheese slightly melted."
"This was definitely different, but was pleasantly surprised. My hubby who doesn't usually like chicken, liked it, the ham slices were perfect for him. Loved it !"
"We are not crazy about basil. Could you substitute spinach or.......?"
"Just a comment for Lmoomaw15 ... I've heard of substituting air dried beef for prosciutto. There is a brand called Carson's that might work well for you."
"My family loved this recipe and it was SO easy to prepare. I was making it at the last minute and had to use items on hand, so I substituted thin deli ham for prosciutto and swiss cheese for provolone. When I make it again (which I definitely will), I'll use provolone, but the swiss worked just fine."
"Fresh sage leaves are great in lieu of the basil and a thin slice of hard salami works well for the prosciutto."
"I would like to try this. Can you suggest a substitute (non-pork) for the prosciutto???"