- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in oil; remove and set aside. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish; arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Provencal
"This recipe is delightfully tasty."
"Super simple, elegant enough for a dinner party and super tasty! A wonderful, wonderful dish. I wouldn't change a thing. A keeper"
"Very bland. If I do make this again, I would add more seasonings and garlic"