- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimiento, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions. Drain. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sage. Combine milk, bouillon and water. Slowly pour into saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, pimiento and parsley. Spoon into six individual casseroles. Roll and cut pastry into circles 1 in. smaller than top of casseroles. Place atop of filling. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Potpies
"This was good. I used turkey and eliminated the sage. Would make it again. Thanks for the recipe."
"Every good. I just put it all in a baking pan and put pastry over that."
"This recipe is a hit with my husband because it doesn't have much crust. He's not a fan of the soggy pastry or pasty bread toppings of most pot pies. He can also make these individual pies himself -- getting him to cook is always a good thing for me!"