- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup sour cream and onion potato chips
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken and 1-1/4 cps cheese. Spread three-fourths of the mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle hash browns over the top and press down lightly. Spread with the remaining soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions, potato chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Potato Delight
"I highly recommend using fresh shredded potatoes versus the frozen kind. The brand is called Simply Fresh and can be found near the dairy section in my grocery store. I used frozen potatoes one year and no one ate it. Big difference. Also, my mother made this for holiday dinners and never added the chicken. It was just a side dish and not a meal. She also omitted the fried onions and used regular flavored chips so you can "play" with this recipe."
"This recipe is so good and my whole family loves it! The french-fried onions and potato chips add a great crunch to this dish!"