Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sage, thyme and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Reduce heat; add 6 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup broth and remaining salt and sage. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain potatoes; mash with remaining cream cheese and broth. Serve with chicken and sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 604 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 939mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein.
Dec 27, 2011
My husband said this was the best meal I've ever cooked - and I'm not exactly a slouch in the kitchen!
Nov 9, 2011
This is a heavy meal with a lot of calories but it was amazing if you like mushrooms!
Oct 1, 2011
My husband loved this the first time I made it and has requested it several more times.
Sep 8, 2011
This was Delicious...great flavor. I can't wait to make it again.
Aug 23, 2011
The chicken was delicious!!! It is just me and my husband, so I used about half the chicken but still made all of the sauce. It was just about the perfect amount, although I would leave out a little of the cream cheese (and the extra salt).
Apr 15, 2011
very good recipe love the mushrooms
Apr 3, 2011
yummy and easy
Apr 17, 2010
Fabulous recipe! Rave reviews from guests who have tried it at our house. :-)
Feb 8, 2010
My family loved this recipe and they aren't usually crazy about any type of gravy or sauce
Feb 2, 2010
Nice varriation with sauce on top as opposed to being smothered in it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.