Chicken Pilaf Saute
I like to see how much I can "dress up" leftovers as an exciting new meal. Here's a flavorful combination that I often serve guests when I'm short on time.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute chicken, rice and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Dissolve bouillon in water. Add salt, thyme and pepper; stir to mix. Pour into skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and almonds. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 481 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Pilaf Saute in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.