Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder and paprika; set aside. In a another bowl, beat eggs and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then roll in flour mixture. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in butter. Combine bouillon, water and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 488 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Piccata
"My husband loves this meal. It is simple to make and I usually cut the chicken into small serving sizes so that there is more flavor and faster cooking time."
"The chicken was nice and moist but I did find the coating to be a bit soggy from being cooked in the broth. I think I will continue my search for another Piccata recipe with a little more flavor."
"The chicken was very moist and tender. It had a very good flavor to it. I was expecting it to have more lemon flavor but was pleasantly surprised that it had just the right amount. The main complaint I have is my breading got a little soft since it simmered in a covered pan for 20 minutes. Maybe I should have done something a little different. But, my family ate it so that's always a good thing. Not sure I would make it again though just because I have a bunch of other chicken recipes like this that I like better. I'm glad I tried it though."
"This is delicious!! Everyone who has tried it asks for the recipe. I butterfly my chicken breasts and use the meat mallet which makes them even more tender and juicy. I highly recommend this recipe!"