Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika; set aside. In a another shallow bowl, beat eggs and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken on each side in butter over medium-high heat. Combine the bouillon, water and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2016
The flavor was good I let the chicken sit in the egg/lemon mixture for about an hour), but I too, had a problem with the coating getting a bit soggy. It did make a nice thing sauce for the dish. Maybe use thinner chicken breast?
May 8, 2012
My husband loves this meal. It is simple to make and I usually cut the chicken into small serving sizes so that there is more flavor and faster cooking time.
Dec 20, 2011
The chicken was nice and moist but I did find the coating to be a bit soggy from being cooked in the broth. I think I will continue my search for another Piccata recipe with a little more flavor.
Jan 25, 2011
The chicken was very moist and tender. It had a very good flavor to it. I was expecting it to have more lemon flavor but was pleasantly surprised that it had just the right amount. The main complaint I have is my breading got a little soft since it simmered in a covered pan for 20 minutes. Maybe I should have done something a little different. But, my family ate it so that's always a good thing. Not sure I would make it again though just because I have a bunch of other chicken recipes like this that I like better. I'm glad I tried it though.
Feb 26, 2009
This is delicious!! Everyone who has tried it asks for the recipe. I butterfly my chicken breasts and use the meat mallet which makes them even more tender and juicy. I highly recommend this recipe!